Fringes are integral part of the rug as it forms the base or structure on to which the fibres are laid. Over time fringes do appear to be bit dull, dirty and could ruin the appearance of the rugs.
Do not clean the fringes by using high powered vacuum. As this will suck the fringes and will get caught in the bristle and cause the fringes to detoriate, if this process is regularly repeated then it will cause the fringes to detoriate even faster and ruining your rug.
1. Place the fringes flat on the table.
2. Use spotter to extract and rinse dirt.
3. Comb the rug.
4. Apply fringe bleach (use dropper or tooth brush to apply solution to be in control. Also ensure the rug close to the fringes are wet, to stop solution from moving towards the rug as water travels from wet to dry area).
5. Keep the solution on the fringes until the desired level is reached.
6. Then thoroughly rinse the excess, please ensure no residue is left as this will harm the fabrics.
7. After rinsing comb the fringes and leave it to dry.
If there is dye bleed on the rug then repeat the process till step 6 and if there is still visible dye stains, then use oxidising agent such as stain out or Magic.
1. Apply liberally on the affected area.
2. To accelerate the process, apply heat by placing hot iron or steamer over the cloth. Do not place the heat directly on the fringes.
3. Check every 10 sec to see if the process if working.
4. Then thoroughly rinse the excess, please ensure no residue is left as this will harm the fabrics.
5. after rinsing comb the fringes and leave it to dry.
Our friendly team of rug cleaning technicians is on hand to discuss your requirements and offer you a no-obligation quotation.
Please call us today on 02 8007 5251 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for more information about Rug Cleaning Sydney.
SEO Sydney by SEO North Sydney