At Sydney Rug Cleaners we are well experienced in hand-tufted rug cleaning serving Sydney and the local suburbs. As the name suggests, hand-tufted rugs are hand made mostly with woollen fibre. Hand-tufted rugs have increased in popularity due to their quality, durability, comfort and cost. There are premium hand-tufted rugs available like Lacey Champion, the Scott Group and V’Soske. They are made using an electric or air-powered needle punch gun, enabling one craftsman to make the entire rug. These rugs are of very high quality and very expensive.
Hand-tufted rugs of varying quality are made in India and China. The fibre used is usually wool punched through the cloth. A secondary backing is then glued to the primary back to cover the base. In some premium rugs especially from India, there is no secondary backing just latex with a small square-like pattern at the back.
We examine your hand-tufted rug thoroughly and employs a detailed process for hand-tufted rug cleaning in sydney to make sure you get the best rug cleaning service with us.
• Test of colourfast
• If colour runs contact customer to discuss further and apply colourfast
• Vacuum both sides of rug
• Light spray a PH neutral cleaner to the pile of rug
• Hot Water Extraction (Steam Cleaning)
• Bonnet clean (Dry Clean) with dry pad
• Repeat the extraction process
• Repeat the bonnet clean process
• Extract the excess water
• Apply additional treatment, such as deodorising, protection if opted
• Flat dry the rug if colour bleeds or else dry on the rack
With wear and tear and heat, the adhesive used to bind the primary and secondary backs on hand-tufted rugs, can become ineffective. This can appear as ripples and delamination of the back sheets. Eventually there is a loss in dimensional stability and ultimately the rug takes on an unpleasant appearance.
With technological advances machine-made rugs have started to closely resemble hand-made rugs and as a customer one has to be able to distinguish one from the other. The first indicator is that the cost will vary significantly. Machine-made rugs could be made in matter or hours or days. Genuine hand-made rugs can take years depending on their size and the complexity of the pattern.
• In hand-knotted rugs you will not see the warp yarn, while on machine-made rugs the warp is visible.
• Another test is that hand-made rugs will often have a woven selvage while machine-made rugs do not.
• One difference easy to pick, is that the fringe on hand-made rugs will be made from continued warp yarns, while machine-made rugs have a sewn-on fringe
• Hand tufted rugs have secondary backing attached to fibres by glue.
At Sydney rug cleaners , we use through process for cleaning hand-tufted rug and make sure to deliver the carpet in original shape, without damaging or spoiling the beauty of hand tufted rug.
Looking for best rug cleaners in Sydney for hand-tufted rugs we are just a call away. Call us now to get best cleaning services for hand-tufted rug cleaning in Sydney.
Click here for more Rug Cleaning Sydney information.
SEO North Sydney